Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chinese Restaurant Menu

I love China, and I love Chinese food. I always wish I could eat more than 2 or 3 meals a day when I am in China so I could try more dishes.
I normally eat in small "hole-in-the-wall" restaurant and try to stick to one or two of them so I can work my way through the menu.
This is the menu from the restaurant just around the corner from my hotel in Kunming and where I tried to have my meals.

Here is a close up of the end of the menu just so you can see how many item there are on the menu.
 .....Yes indeed 129 items. Even eating 2 different items per day you would have to be in Kunming for just over 2 months to try them all, and if you repeat an order because you really like the dish you could easily spend 3 months just trying to finish the entire menu. And you can also see some of the prices, though in the second column of the menu some items were up to 10 RMB......still very cheap. Just the same I don't want to waste food and order more dishes that I can eat so there are only so many I can try.
Everything I tried was great! (sorry no photos of the meals)

No comments: