Friday, January 25, 2013

Fun with Jellyfish

When I was in Australia, in Brisbane, there was an amazing bloom of blue jellyfish (amazingly enough I cannot find one picture of the actual bloom). Of course as a result there was also a lot of dead jellyfish on the beach.
What more can I say?

 It started with taking pictures of the beached jellyfish to show their amazing colour, shape and general beauty.

 Then I wanted to show their shape a bit better.

I wanted to show their all architecture even better.

 Then I started to want to be more careful of the background so the picture would be nicer.

 And of course it ended up in trying to take picture of jellyfish thrown in the air so they would be free floating in the air. I can tell you that I have quite a few pictures where the jellyfish are not even in the frame. It is not that easy to take picture of things being thrown...but I already knew that from the oranges in the Sahara.

No no this one is not swimming it is in the air.

Two of them.

And one with a seagull. If I had tried I would have never been able to capture both. It just turned out this way.
It was fun!

No comments: