Saturday, May 02, 2015

Random Photos May 2nd

More examples of security hardware as you see it on top of walls around houses.
The old and the new: the spikes and the electric lines. The electric line not only will give you an choke but will also trip the alarm system if touched.

Different wall with also the old and the new, but there you can see the electric line better.
I take photos of those because in a way, regardless of what they stand for, their form as a certain beauty I find.

Today was laundry day. I went to the laundromat. There isn't an awful lot of white woman there and the friendly woman who works there recognized me from 2 years ago. I always thought that I would like to take her picture and today I asked her. I love the scarf and her perfect profile. 

When I go to the laundromat I always go downstairs to the grocery store which is pretty good.
I love the colourful rows of canned cheap meats.

The very South African Lucky Star  canned fish.... a South African quintessential.

The canned veggies.

And the chakalaka, a mixture of veggies in hot sauce reputed to have started in the gold mines of Johannesburg.

Random dog lying in the sun

No comments: