Sunday, June 07, 2015

Two young lions in Kruger National Park

These are two males even though they do not have a mane. They are just quite young. They had just fed on a buffalo and they were lying, looking very much like they wished they hadn't eaten so much.

 One of them had something on his cheek. I don't know if it is blood from the feed or if he was hurt. He looked ok in all other respect.





I was the first person at the site. It is always a little nicer if you are the one spotting them, especially since it meant that I could stop where ever I thought I could see them better. And then I waited, probably for about an hour. There was a lot of sleeping, turning form one side to another and sleeping some more.



 Every now and then a noise would get their attention.




 Then back to sleep...... See the HUGE white belly!

As cars drove by they stopped and more and more car piled up. Eventually it was too much for them and they walked, no more than 20 or 30 metres and lied down again but in taller grass where you couldn't see them.


I am actually quite happy about these photos.

No comments: