Sunday, December 01, 2013

Getting Ready to Hit the Road with My New Green Tea Grinder

I am getting ready to hit the road.
On Tuesday late evening C, where I am house-sitting /dog-sitting, will be back.
The winter storm warning for Calgary should be over the next day since Tuesday is also the last day in the forecast with winter storm conditions.
This is the map from Environment Canada showing in red the blizzard, winter storm and snow fall warnings, and in yellow what they call winter storm watch. In Calgary we have a blizzard warning starting this afternoon.

But all this should be over by Wednesday morning. Of course afterwards you are left with the snow and the cold, and if it is windy blowing snow but otherwise conditions are supposed to improve to a high of -10C (14F) by Saturday. So I should be hitting the road sometime around Thursday, I hope.

Anyway, this means that I have to get ready and get everything I need. Mostly I need to get the food, meds and stuff like this. I do know the the States are not a third world country and will have everything I need but since I do not intend to hit any large towns I have to plan pretty much the same way than when I was heading into northern Canada.
Luxury and unusual items need to be packed or I have to do without.

I am a coffee person but it is something I need to change. Coffee is on the list of things I should absolutely not have, whereas tea, especially green tea, is on the list of things I should absolutely have.So green tea is on my list of luxury item to pack and yesterday I hit the tea stores.
In the spirit of trying to talk myself into letting go of coffee I bought myself a Japanese tea grinder. Definitely a luxury item! So now I can myself very nice cups of tea very easily. And this way you ingest the tea which is very good for me as long as I use green teas.

Here is the expensive new toy:

and here is the result:
It does make a nice cup of tea. And you just need to put hot water in the cup, throw the tea and stir and it is done. Apparently you can make ice tea the same way because the tea does not need to steep when it is this fine. I am hoping this will work and I will switch to green tea, or at least switch to mostly green tea.

No comments: