Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Green Tea and Black Sesame Ice Cream

I am obvious looking for recipes using ground green tea.

I found something in "lemon Grass and Ginger Cookbook - vibrant Asian recipes" by Leemei Tan.

Here is my SERIOUSLY modified and SERIOUSLY simplified version:


1. Get some good quality vanilla icecream.
2. Let is soften enough to be able to mix stuff into it.
3. Add powered green tea and gound toasted black sesame seeds and mix.


I have not made it but I would like to try it. This post is only here for me to remember it.

Top of my head I would say that replacing the black sesame seeds with nigella seeds* (also ground) or chili pepper flakes might also be quite nice. But if you use chilies I would think that you would have to be careful not to ground them and not break them up when mixing them into the icecream. They may overpower everything else otherwise.



 * "nigelle seeds" : as I have already explain in previous recipes nigella seeds are NOT the same than black sesame although they are often confused one for the other. They have very different tastes.

No comments: