Monday, February 07, 2011

Busy day tomorrow

I am really enjoying this "smelling of roses" thing. Today I had a bit of a busy day but nothing like what should happen tomorrow.

This morning I walked into the lone Chinese grocery store in one the neighborhood where I go ( because there are two great food stores, some cheap cafes, good Indian restaurants, a cheap practical clothing store, a map store and a good newspaper stand) and asked the owner if she spoke Mandarin. When she answered that she did I explained that I was looking for somebody who could help me with Mandarin lessons and I was willing to pay per hour. There was a young woman sitting with her across the counter and she just pointed in her direction. So now it is all sorted out I start tomorrow morning at 9:00am!

After this, looking for some pretty but cheap teacups for a friend I went to one of my favourite charity stores in Johannesburg. I normally go there because they often have a great book selection. The store is in a expensive area of town and it is easy for rich women who belong to book clubs to drop their books there. Of course since I was in I had a quick browse in the book section. Today because they have just had some renovations, the small room where they keep the books was completely disorganized. For some reason I asked them if they wanted me to donate some time and sort out their book room. So I am going tomorrow after my first Mandarin lesson. It should be fun ... and very dusty!!

Things can be so simple sometimes!!

2 comments:

Amira said...

Both things sound so fun! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

C. said...

It really was great and you are right both were a lot of fun.