Sunday, February 27, 2011

South African beaded wire artists

I love the animals made of beaded wires you can get in South Africa. If I didn't stop myself I would buy zillions of them. You can get them at stores, at markets or at traffic lights (called "robots" in South Africa).

There is a all variety. You can find all the African animals, plus dragons, dinosaurs, plants etc.

And they come in all kind of sizes from key chains to fairly big.
This guy always has amazing stuff, and they make them here and there on the sidewalk!!

All those guys are so gifted. They have an incredible sense of three-dimensional representation. Their work is amazing.

Both photos were taken from inside the car while I was waiting at the traffic light hence the weird washed out light.

1 comment:

beaded animals said...

Nice work! I love beaded animals!