Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fish Soup with Curry Leaves and Coconut Milk

I want to remember the fish soup I made tonight, I saw a TV program where Jamie Oliver made a soup like this... I do not remember the details of what he put in it. I saw it once and didn't write anything... I am just very clear that he did not use spinach.

oil
mustard seeds (I am telling you let them pop!!!! ...and for those you do not know: put a lid on the pot)
coriander seeds
curry leaves
        Temper together

turmeric (for colour)
basmati rice
         Temper some more it can't hurt

water
fish
       Cook

spinach
    Cook some more

coconut milk
       Simmer

Lime juice
        Simmer

I recommend adding a insane amount of freshly ground black pepper to it, just individually in your own plate.
Also if it is not an evening dish and you eat it where there is a lot of light (we ate at candle light) I would add cubes of red peppers just to have some specks of red in the plate.

No comments: