Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Friend's house in Johannesburg

When I am in Johannesburg these days this is where I stay. I have some very generous friends who let me stay at their house.


This is the view from my front door which is also my "office", where I normally can get an internet connection good enough to Skype for a bit. You can see the two dogs. I take them for a walk just about every day but I have to take them one at a time because the one you see in this picture fully lying on her side is not very disciplined and pulls a lot on her leash.

Below is the photo of the actual room where I stay on top of the garage. It is wonderful. I have quite a bit of autonomy and I can come in and out of my room without disturbing people in the house. My "office" is at the top of the stair you see on the side of the building. And the tiny white car is the car I use.

They have a beautiful garden and right now it is summer in South Africa so things are doing well, though honestly you can grow just about anything in this climate.
Look at the size of those "trumpets" and the tree that bears them bloom several time a year. I don't think I have ever seen this tree without "trumpets".


So many beautiful flowers.
It is a beautiful garden with nice spots to sit and read.


No comments: